Our History

Living Waters Church was birthed out of the great Pentecostal revival in Los Angeles, which began in April 1906 and continued for several years.

In 1920 after a long tent campaign in the Belvedere district of Los Angeles, Rev. Frank Ewart, a Baptist minister originally from Australia, established Belvedere Pentecostal Tabernacle on East First Street. In 1939 Pastor Ewart moved the church to the country, where it became The Country Church of Monterey Park.

Ewart continued pastoring the church until his death in 1948. In 1949 Willard & Ione Glaeser were installed as pastors and served the church faithfully until their passing in 1994 and 1993 respectively.

In 1960 the Glaesers founded Revival Fellowship, an association of nondenominational ministries. Hundreds of pastors and churches were impacted by this fellowship, both nationally and internationally. Also at this time, the name of the church corporation became Living Waters Missionary Association, and the church changed its name to Living Waters Tabernacle.

The church eventually outgrew its facilities in Monterey Park and began to look for a location to open a Christian school. In 1978 they moved to Pasadena and changed the name of the church to Living Waters Temple.

When the church filled its educational space, it moved again to a new location on Mountain Street in Pasadena in 1986. With the move came a new name…Living Waters Christian Fellowship.

In January of 1988, Dr. David Fischer was given the spiritual reins of the church, after being the Associate Pastor for 17 years. He and his wife, Pastor Elaine Fischer, faithfully continue to serve the church.

Throughout its existence, Living Waters Church has continued to raise up ministries and send them into the community and around the world. We have seen an international impact through our missionaries and the many teams sent through the ministry of the International Worship Symposium, a gathering of musicians and worshipers which holds praise & worship conferences in Pasadena and around the world.

Living Waters Church continues to hold to the vision of spiritual awakening and revival, not only in the San Gabriel Valley, but also throughout the world.